We love eating pasta, and casseroles too, but they are filled with carbs. If you are living a Keto Lifestyle but love eating pasta, try substituting any pasta with shirataki noodles with our keto noodles recipe! Shirataki is a traditional Japanese noodle that is mainly gluten-free and low in calories. Made from varieties of yam and tofu, this Japanese noodle is the ultimate pasta substitution. Not to mention, the texture is similar enough to pasta. You won't even know you're eating less carbs with this chicken tetrazzini recipe!
1 cup cooked chicken breasts, shredded
2 packages of shirataki spaghetti
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large red pepper, diced
3 cups kale, chopped
1 cup low-fat milk
1/4 cup white wine
1 1/3 cups mozzarella cheese
2 tsp fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large baking dish lightly with oil.
2. Drain the liquid in the tofu shirataki packages and rinse noodles under cool water.
3. In a bowl, cut the noodles into smaller pieces.
4. In a large sauté pan, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add onions and garlic, cook until onion is transparent.
6. Add chicken, red peppers, kale, pepper and salt. Sauté until the kale begins to wilt. Turn off the heat.
7. Add tofu shirataki in pan and set aside.
8. In a medium saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat. Stir milk occasionally to keep it from burning.
9. When the milk starts to boil, add in wine, 1 cup of cheese and thyme.
10. Once the sauce thickens, pour the creamy mixture into the sauté pan with the vegetables, chicken, shiratak and stir well.
11. Pour everything into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining 1/3 cup of cheese.
12. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the casserole starts to brown, and the cheese is bubbling. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.